翻译:FranklinGu

校对:红色打手

感谢 三尺青璃公羊羽和gameyouxia的协助

OPENING

Lady: You've heard of it, haven't you? The Legend of Sparda. When I was young my father would tell me stories about it. Long ago, in ancient times, a demon rebelled against his own kind for the sake of the human race. With his sword, he shut the portal to the demonic realm and sealed the evil entities off from our human world. But since he was a demon himself, his power was also trapped on the other side. I never believed it. I thought it was just a child's fairy tale. But I discovered that this so-called legend wasn't a myth at all. Sparda existed. How do I know? Well——I met the sons of Sparda--Both of them. Though the same blood of their father flowed through their veins, the two battled each other fiercely like arch enemies. It seemed as if they derived some sort of twisted pleasure from this brotherly fighting. But in the end——only one was left standing.

片头CG

蕾蒂:想必你听说过吧,斯巴达的传说。年幼的时候我的父亲常对我讲述那个传说:很久以前,远古时代,一位恶魔为了人类与他的同伴反目成仇,用他的剑封印了联通两个世界的大门。但是由于他自己就是一位恶魔,因而他的力量也被封印在了门的另一侧。我从不相信这些,觉得这所谓的传说不过是哄骗小孩的童话罢了。但是随后我发现这个所谓的传说绝对不是虚构的故事。斯巴达,的确存在。我是如何知道的?因为我遇见了斯巴达的子嗣们,两个都遇到了。尽管他们血脉相承,两人却如同与死敌一般战斗着。似乎他们从这种兄弟之战中找到了某种扭曲的快感。但是在最后,屹立原地的只有一人。

mission 1

Dante: Sorry, not open for business yet.

但丁:抱歉,本店尚未开业。

Dante: I haven't even picked a name for this joint and I'm already getting calls.

但丁:店名都还没起,就有生意找上门了。

Dante: You a customer too? Well——if you want to use the bathroom, help yourself, toilet's in the back.

但丁:你也是来谈生意的?好吧,如果你想用卫生间,请自便,后屋有厕所。

Arkham: Is your name Dante——the son of Sparda?

雅克罕姆:你的名字叫但丁吧?斯巴达之子?

Dante: Where'd you hear that?

但丁:你从哪里听到的?

Arkham: From your brother. He sent this invitation for you. Please, accept it.

雅克罕姆:从你的兄弟那。他向你寄出了这份请柬,请务必收下

Dante: Invitation huh?

但丁:请柬~

Dante: This party's getting crazy! Let's rock!

但丁:这场舞会已经渐入佳境!让我们狂欢吧!

Dante: The end? Don't bet on it!

但丁:这就完了?想都别想!

Dante: I can already tell, looks like this is going be one hell of a party!

但丁:我敢说,这将会是一场疯狂的派对!

 

mission 2

Dante: Damn it! You guys totally wrecked my shop! And I haven't even named it yet! You're going to pay for that.

但丁:该死,你们这群家伙完全毁了我的事务所!我甚至都没给它起个名字!你们要为此付出代价。

Dante: I hope you all have enough to cover all this!

但丁:看来这比费用你们还不起!

Dante: It's been nearly a year since we last met. Where does the time go? No doubt you've got some fun planned for me. Right Vergil?

但丁:时间都跑哪去了,已经一年没见了啊。不过你肯定为我准备了许多乐子对吧,维吉尔!?

 

mission 3

Vergil: Arkham.

维吉尔:阿卡

Arkham: Welldoesn't it excite you? The Temen-ni-gru has revived, the Great one who once ruled this earth as the medium between the Human World and the Demon World. Isn't it a magnificent view? The greatest minds of their time, those who revered Evil, constructed this glorious edifice. Now, after two milleniums of confinement, it can at last fulfill the purpose for which it was intended——

阿卡:怎么,难道这不让你激动吗?恐惧之塔,这座曾经主宰人间的奇迹,这座曾经连接人间与魔界的媒介,终于苏醒了。这难道不是一幅宏伟的景象吗?远古的先贤们,怀着对恶魔的敬意,打造了这座不朽的神迹。现在,在两千多年的禁锢后,它终于能够完成它当初背负的使命——

Vergil: That's none of my concern. Did he have it?

维吉尔:我对此毫无兴趣。他带着护身符否?

Arkham: Of course. He's taking good care of it.After all, it is the only memento left from the mother you both lost.

阿卡:当然——他非常珍惜。毕竟,那是你们去世母亲唯一的遗物。

Vergil: But he has no idea of its true power.

维吉尔:不过他浑然不知护身符的真正力量。

Lady: I found it!

蕾蒂:找到了!

Cerberus: Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land! You who are powerless are not worthy to set foot here!

赛布勒斯:马上离开,弱小的人类!像你这样的生物是禁止进入这个领地的!你孱弱得根本无权在这立足!

Dante: Wow, I've never seen a talking mutt before. You know in a dog show, you'd definitely take first place.

但丁:哇哦,我还从没见过一只会说话的小狗!要知道如果参加狗秀,能说话的你一定坐第一位。

Cerberus: You, a mere human, make a mockery of me?!

赛布勒斯:就凭你,区区人类,竟敢嘲笑我?!

Dante: Easy, Fido! How about I take you out for a walk? Come on puppy, let's go!

但丁:放轻松,杂种狗。让我带你出去遛遛如何?来啊,狗,我们走。

Cerberus: You'll regret this, you worm!

赛布勒斯:你会后悔的,你这只蝼蚁!

Dante: It's showtime! Come on!

但丁:遛狗时间了宝贝!来吧!

Cerberus: You are not human, are you?

赛布勒斯:你不是人类,对吧!?

Dante: Who knows? I'm not even sure myself.

但丁:谁知道呢?我自己都不太确定。

Cerberus: Regardless, you have proved your strength. I acknowledge your ability. Take my soul and go forth! You have my blessing!

赛布勒斯:那不重要,你已经证明了自己的力量,我认可你的能力,带上我的灵魂前进吧,用我的力量祝福你!

Dante: Too easy!

但丁:轻松至极帅呆了!

Dante: Are you going to the party? What's the hurry, didn't you get an invitation?

但丁:你是去参加派对的么?先到没奖的,还是说没有收到请柬?

Dante: This just keeps getting better and better!

但丁:还真是越来越有趣了!

MISSION 4:

Vergil: Looks like we have an uninvited guest.

维吉尔:看来有位不速之客。

Arkham: Is that so?

阿卡:是么?

Vergil: A human, a woman.

维吉尔:一个人类——女人。

Arkham: I'm afraid I should ask the uninvited one to leave. That is what you want. Actually, I happen to be acquainted with that woman.

阿卡:恐怕我要去请这位不速之客离开。这也是你所希望的。实际上,我刚好与这位女性相知已久女人有点交情。

Arkham: A storm is approaching.

阿卡:一场暴风雨即将来临。

 

Jester: Yoo hoo! There's no need to use violence, devil boy. Wait, wait, wait, better listen to what others say, lad. This tower here is very steady, you see. Your tricks will do no good. No good!

杰斯特:哟呵~!诉诸武力是没有用的恶魔小子!等等,我还是先听听别人说了什么吧伙计。你看,塔的这部分非常厚实,你的武力将毫无用处!,没错,毫无用处!

Dante: Zip it, or I'll pierce that big nose.

但丁:闭上嘴,不然我崩掉你的大鼻子。

Jester: That could be a problem! Just hear me out. You've got nothing to lose, right? My name is Jester, and I know a thing or two about this place. That thing there is a power generator for this entire sector. In order to open the door, you need to apply a little SOMETHING to it first. Do you know what THAT is, kid? Or is that too difficult fou you?

杰斯特:那会很麻烦耶!还是听听我的建议吧,你不会因此损失任何东西,对吧?!我叫杰斯特,关于这座塔的事情我还是知道那么一点点的。那家伙是这一区域的能源发生器。想要打开这扇门,你需要先对它献上一点“小东西”。你知道那个小东西是什么吗?或者说这对你实在是太困难了?!

Dante: Get to the point. Or do you wanna keep on dancing?

但丁:说重点!还是说你喜欢继续这样跳踢踏舞?!

Jester: Actually, I prefer a sword to be my partner. May I have this dance, my lady?

杰斯特:事实上,我还是更喜欢剑舞啦。我能够邀您共舞吗,小姐?

Jester: Bingo!THAT is WHAT the SOMETHING is. Remember that, kid! Write it down on your hand if you don't trust your head!

杰斯特:答对了!那就是我说的“小东西”。好好记住吧小子!好记性不如烂笔头!

Dante: I see, thanks. You still piss me off, though.

但丁:原来如此,谢了。不过你还是把我惹毛了。

 

mission 5

Jester: Thanks for destroying the lock for me, devil boy! And welcome to Hell! Please accept my gift. Don't be humble, just take it! After all we're buddies, aren't we?!

杰斯特:多谢你给我解开禁锢,恶魔小子!然后,欢迎来到地狱!请收下我的见面礼吧!不要客气!尽管收下!毕竟我们是哥们,对吧?!

Dante: Well, isn't that special? To be honest, I was expecting something a little better than this.

但丁:哈,还真是别致的礼物啊。不过说真的,这似乎并不令人尽兴啊!

Rudra: Look brother! It's been ages, but we finally have company!

路德拉:看啊,兄弟。多年之后我们终于迎来了我们的客人!

Agni: I see that!

阿格尼:你说得没错!

Rudra: We must entertain our guest!

路德拉:我们必须盛情相待!

Agni: You're right! We have to be gracious hosts!

阿格尼:你说的对!我们当尽地主之谊!

Rudra: What should we do?

路德拉:我们该怎么做?

Agni: How do I know? We need to come up with something!

阿格尼:我怎么知道?我们必须想点办法——

Rudra: Brother, our guest is sighing.

路德拉:兄弟,我们的客人在叹气。

Agni: Sigh? What is SIGH?

阿格尼:叹气?什么是“叹气”?

Rudra: Well a SIGH is when——

路德拉:嗯——叹气就是当——

Dante: Enough already! How long are you two gonna keep carrying on like this? In case you didn't get the hint, I'll spell it out. Your GUEST wants to go through. Got it!

但丁:够了,你们俩要在这絮絮叨叨多久!如果你们不懂得我的暗示,那我就明说了。你们的客人,想要通过那扇门,懂了吗?!

Agni: Our job here is to guard this door!

阿格尼:我们的职责是守卫这扇门!

Rudra: That's right! We cannot let you pass!

路德拉:没错!我们不能放行!

Agni: Wait!

阿格尼:等等!

Rudra: Yes, wait!

路德拉:对,等等!

Agni: We have been waiting for a long time!

阿格尼:我们已经期待了了很久。

Rudra:Yes, a very long time!

路德拉:没错,很久!

Agni: For someone stronger than us.

阿格尼:期待比我们更强的人。

Rudra: Someone who can control us.

路德拉:一个能控制我们的人。

Agni: My name is Agni!

阿格尼:我的名字是阿格尼!

Rudra: And my name is Rudra! You shall take us with you!

路德拉:我是路德拉!你应该持我们同行!

Agni & Rudra: We could be a great help to you!

阿格尼 &路德拉:我们定能助你一臂之力!

Dante: Okay, but on one condition.

但丁:没问题——但先答应一个条件。

Agni & Rudra: What is it? Name it.

阿格尼 &路德拉:什么条件?说说看!

Dante: No talking.

但丁:不准说话。

Agni & Rudra: Fair enough. As you wish.

阿格尼 &路德拉:没问题。听你的。

Agni & Rudra: Impressive——

阿格尼 &路德拉:叹为观止——

Dante: No Talking!

但丁:不准说话!

Dante: Good.

但丁:很好—— 

mission 6

Arkham: Well, well. You've grown stronger.

阿卡:嗯,看来你变强了。

Lady: Go to hell!

蕾蒂:下地狱去吧!

Arkham: You point a gun at me? Your own kin? Your dear papa?

阿卡:你用枪指着我?你唯一的家人?你亲爱的爸爸?

Lady: The only family I ever had was my mother, and she's dead!

蕾蒂:我曾经拥有的唯一家人是我的母亲,她已经死了!

Arkham: You break my heart. After all, it was I who gave you your name——my darling daughter!

阿卡:这实在是太令我痛心了。毕竟,给予你名字的是我啊,亲爱的女儿!

 

mission 7

Dante: Well, this is my kind of rain. No wonder the sky looks so funny today.

但丁:哇喔,连我的雨都这么有!怪不得今天的天空看起来这么有趣。

Lady: Let me go!

女士:放手!

Dante: Let you go? But it'd be a waste if you ended up as just a pretty stain.

但丁:放手?如果你就这样香消玉殒岂不是一个损失?

Dante: What the hell was that for?! Here I am trying to help you, and you show your thanks by shooting me?!

但丁:这演的是哪一出?!当我正要帮助你的时候,你就用子弹来打赏我?!

Dante: Whatever, do as you please.

但丁:好吧,悉听尊便

Lady: So, he's a demon, too——

女士:他也是恶魔吗——

Dante: I'm beginning to think I've got rotten luck with women.

但丁:我终于发现我的女人缘有多么的差了。

Vergil: You showed up.

维吉尔:你终于赴约了。

Dante: You sure know how to throw a party! No food, no drinks, and the only babe just left.

但丁:你还真是清楚怎么把一个聚会开砸!无佳肴,无美酒,唯一的姑娘也跑了。

Vergil: My sincerest apology brother. I was so eager to see you, I couldn't concentrate on preparations for the bash.

维吉尔:致以我最诚挚的歉意,兄弟。我见你心甚切而无心准备这场迎客之宴。

Dante: Whatever, at any rate, it's been a whole year since we last met. How about a kiss from your little brother? Or better yet how about a kiss from THIS!

但丁:算了,无论如何,距上次见面已有整整一年。来个兄弟之吻怎样?!或者说还是和这家伙嘴对嘴更好呢?!

Dante: So this is what they call a heartwarming family reunion, eh?

但丁:这就是所谓的温馨的家庭重逢,嗯?

Vergil: You got that right.

维吉尔:汝言得之!

 Vergil: Why do you refuse to gain power? The power of our father Sparda?

维吉尔:为何不愿获得力量,吾等父亲斯巴达的力量? 

Dante: Father? I don't have a father. I just don't like you, that's all.

但丁:父亲?我没有父亲,我只是看你不爽,仅此而已。

Vergil: Foolishness, Dante. Foolishness——Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.

维吉尔:愚不可及,但丁——愚不可及——力量控制一切。如果没有力量,保护一词遍无从谈起,你甚至无法顾全自身.

Arkham: Do you finally have it?

阿卡:得手了吗? (注:这里很难翻译,是双关,have it本身可以在口语中作为“成功”的意思,但是后面我们也知道那个it也是有具体指代的,就是但丁的项链)

Vergil: Yes! Now the spell Sparda cast will be broken!

维吉尔:当然,斯巴达设下的封印可以解开了。

Vergil: I see, a devil inside you has awakened as well.

维吉尔:如我所见,你恶魔之力也已苏醒。

Arkham: Wait! We should leave. For the moment we have all that we need.

阿卡:且慢!该走了,现在我们已经拥有了我们需要的一切。

 

mission 8

Arkham: People once cried out in fear of this tower. Temen-ni-gru, a foundation that brought out fear. Fear——Yes, fear. Can't you feel it? The rage and agonies of the people. Those who were confined here. With their desires for Evil being unfulfilled. It was all because Sparda slammed the door to the Demon World in their faces.

阿卡:人们曾因对这座塔的恐惧而失声惊叫。Temen-ni-gru,恐惧之源。恐惧——是的,恐惧。对恶魔之力的渴求未被满足就被囚禁于此——那些人的痛苦与愤怒,你感觉不到吗?这一切都是因为斯巴达无情地关闭了魔界之门,在他们的面前。

Vergil: What's wrong?

维吉尔:怎么了?

Arkham: Nothing.

阿卡:……没有。

 

mission 9

Dante: So this is the next stage?

但丁:看来这便是下一个舞台了。

Lady: Wait!

蕾蒂:慢着

Dante: If you're asking for a date, forget it. Cause I make it a point not to go out with women who shoot me in the head.

但丁:如果你是要请我约会,那还是省省吧,我是绝不会和一个向我脑袋开枪的女人上街的!

Lady: Date a demon? I'm not that desperate. Besides, I really don't care for guys who stink like blood.

蕾蒂:和恶魔约会?我还不至于如此堕落。况且,我对浑身血腥味的家伙毫无兴趣。

Dante: You're right. So, tell me! What's your name?

但丁:似乎是啊,那么至少告诉我你的名字吧!

Lady: I don't have a name.

蕾蒂:我没名字!

Dante: Okay, then what should I call you?

但丁:好吧,那我该怎么称呼?

Lady: I don't care. Whatever you want.

蕾蒂:我不在乎,随你怎么叫!

Dante: Whatever, Lady.

但丁:没问题,女士。

Dante: I'll leave this to you. Cuz I don't want to miss the party.

但丁:这些杂兵就交给你啦,我可不想错过派对!

Lady: Who counted on you anyway?

蕾蒂:谁指望过你!?

Nevan: Welcome, sir. Is this your first time here?

妮娃:欢迎光临,先生。您是初次光临么?

Dante: Yeah it is. You'll be nice to me, won't you?

但丁:是啊。听说这里的服务不错?

Nevan: Of course I will. I'll treat you so nicely, you'll never want to leave.

妮娃:那当然了。我会好好招待你的,好到让你流连忘返。

Dante: Now that's what I'm talking about.

但丁:那实在是求之不得!

Nevan: Then, come on sugar.

妮娃:那就来吧,甜心。

Nevan: My, you're sweet.

妮娃:哦,你真是可爱。

Dante: You'd think so, wouldn't ya?

但丁:这可不是违心之言吧?

Nevan: All right. I'll help you. Your father was a handsome devil. But you're no slouch yourself.

妮娃:好吧,我会助你一臂之力。你父亲是一个英俊的恶魔。不过你也不赖。

Lady: Welcome back.

蕾蒂:欢迎回来

 

mission 10

Arkham: Soon, we will reach the lair of judgement. Temen-ni-gru will finally regain its full function and lead us into the Demon World. The world where Sparda's power has been sealed. And the one who will lift the incantation is you, his own son. It must be fate.

阿卡:很快,我们就会到达审判之厅。恐惧之塔将会重获其完整形态并引领我们进入魔界,那个封印着斯巴达力量的地方。而那个即将解开符咒的人是你,斯巴达的血脉。还真是宿命啊。

Vergil: Does that woman really bother you?

维吉尔:那个女人真的让你困扰?

Arkham: What are you talking about?

雅克罕姆:你在说什么?

Vergil: Why didn't you kill her? Perhaps because she's your daughter? Did some pesky fatherly love get in your way?

维吉尔:为什么不杀了她?因为她是你女儿?难道是某种无谓的父爱让你手软了?

Arkham: That's none of your——

雅克罕姆:那不关你——

Vergil: To further your study of the black arts, you sacrificed your loving wife. To become a devil as well. Knowing this I thought you'd be more useful to me, but I was wrong. No wonder your attainment of power is incomplete.

维吉尔:为了修习黑暗之艺术,同时也是为了成为恶魔,你将你的妻子作为祭品。知此我向以为你可为我所用,可惜我错了。难怪你对力量的获取尚不完全。

Arkham: What about you? You're an incomplete being as well. Both demon and human blood mingle in your veins.

雅克罕姆:可你又如何?你也是不完全的生物。恶魔与人类的血液混杂在你的血管中流动。

Vergil: Shut up.

维吉尔:闭嘴!

Vergil: Now that the final door is open, I have no use for you.

维吉尔:既然最终之门已开启,你对我已毫无用处。

Dante: Well that was quick.

但丁:动作真快。

Lady: That man——did you kill him?

蕾蒂:那个男人——是你杀的吗?

Dante: So what if I did?

但丁:是我的话,又如何?

Dante: Ooh, I love a fast woman.

但丁:哦,我就喜欢敏捷灵活的女人。

Lady: Shut up!

蕾蒂:闭嘴!

Lady: He was obsessed with becoming the Devil. So much he killed his own wife. For that he butchered innocent people too. He's the most vile kind of creature. To top it off, that filthy scum is my father.

蕾蒂:他满脑子都想着怎样变成一个恶魔,痴狂到杀掉妻子、屠杀无辜的地步。他是最邪恶残忍的生物。而这样的人,却是我的父亲!

Dante: Well, we have something in common. I have a dysfunctional family too.

但丁:啊,看来我们彼此彼此。我也有一个支离破碎的家庭

Lady: And what would you know about family?! You're a demon! This is my father——my family! This was all supposed to end by my hand!

女士:你能知道家庭是什么?!你是个恶魔!这是我的父亲,我的家庭!而这一切必须由我亲手终结!

Dante: Aren't ya gonna shoot? Well that's a switch.

但丁:不补一枪么?看来你有所转变。

Lady: Just go. I don't care anymore.

女士:你走吧,我已经无所谓了。

Dante: Family, huh?

但丁:家庭,哼?

 

 

mission 11

Arkham: Where am I? It's dark, I can't see anything.

阿卡:这是哪里?眼前好黑,我什么都看不见

Lady: You're still alive, I see.

蕾蒂:看来你还活着。

Arkham: Mary? Is that you? What's happening? Where's your mother?

阿卡:玛丽?是你吗?发生什么了?你母亲呢?

Lady: My mother?! you killed her, remember?

蕾蒂:我母亲?!你忘了么?她已经被你杀了!

Arkham: Yes——That's right. I killed her, with my own hands. What horrible thing have I done? I was too weak. I succumbed to his influence.

阿卡:是的——没错,我杀了她,亲手杀的。居然干了那么可怕的事……我太弱小了,在他的影响下屈服了。

Lady: You mean, you were posessed? Father?

蕾蒂:你的意思是——被控制了吗?父亲?

Arkham: Yes, I was manipulated. Manipulated by a Devil, named Vergil.

阿卡:是的,我被控制了,被维吉尔控制了,那个叫维吉尔的恶魔。

Lady: Vergil.

阿卡:维吉尔。

Arkham: He's attempting to bring the demon world back to this modern day. A world that Sparda once sealed off.

阿卡:他正试图将恶魔的世界带到这个时代,那个斯巴达曾今封印的世界。

Lady: Sparda? I thought he was a myth.

蕾蒂:斯巴达?我以为他只是个神话。

Arkham: If the demons return, this world will be thrown into chaos. Stop him. Stop Vergil!

阿卡:如果恶魔卷土重来,这个世界将万劫不复。阻止他,阻止维吉尔!

Lady: Me?

阿卡:我吗?

Arkham: You are such a sweet child, just like your mother.

阿卡:你真是一个好孩子,就像你的母亲。

Lady: Father! FATHER!

蕾蒂:父亲,父亲!

Lady: Vergil!

蕾蒂:维吉尔!

Beowulf: Sparda! SPARDA!

贝尔渥夫:斯巴达!斯巴达!

Dante: Aww, you poor thing. Didn't your mother ever teach you how to use a door?

但丁:喂喂,你这个讨厌的家伙,难道你老妈从没教你要从门外进屋吗?

Beowulf: That odor I know it!

贝尔渥夫:这个气味,我认识!

Dante: Give me a break. Tell ya what, next time I'll try and wear some cologne, okay?

但丁:哦,算了,这样,下次我试着抹一些古龙香水,行了吧?

Beowulf: It's the stench of betrayal, the odor of that accursed Sparda! I will annihilate every last blood relation of Sparda!

贝尔渥夫:这是背叛的气味!该死的斯巴达的气味,我要清除每一缕斯巴达的血脉!

Dante:A son cleaning up his dad's mess, huh? Where've I heard this story before?

但丁:父债子还,哈,这个真是老掉牙的故事。

Beowulf: The odious one whose heart pumps the blood of Sparda! Though my sight is gone, I remember your scent! I shall hunt you down through eternity if I must, until I rid this earth of your foul smell!

贝尔渥夫:可恶的斯巴达后裔!尽管看不见,但我记着你的气味!我会穷追到底,直到在这块土地上永远抹去你的浊气!

Dante: Why do I have to take the heat for my father? Come on, man! Cut me some slack!

但丁:为什么我要收拾父亲留下的烂摊子。得了吧老兄,放过我吧!

 

mission 12

Jester: This is amazing! Even the Devil boy is no match for it!

杰斯特:还真是不可思议啊!即使是恶魔小子也无法驾驭它!

Jester: You're not gonna shoot me, are you? If you do, I'll die, you know.

杰斯特:你是不会向我开枪的吧?!你知道,如果你开枪,那我就小命不保了。

Dante: If that's what it will take to shut you up. It bugs the crap out of me when someone talks more than I do.

但丁:如果那样做能让你闭嘴的话我不介意。最烦比我还多话的家伙。

Jester: Don't act so rashly, my boy. I've got a doozy of a story for you, but if you snuff out my voice like that, I won't be able to tell it, now will I?

杰斯特:别这么莽撞,小伙子!我正有个极棒的故事要讲给你听。不过如果你那样掐断我的声音,我不是讲不了了吗?

Jester: I thought I was a goner for sure.

杰斯特:我还以为这次死定了。

Jester: Oops! You saw it too, didn't you? That huge tower jutting out of the ground? That thick shaft that causes women to shudder is actually a tunnel--linking the demonic domain to the human world. And of course, your brother, Vergil is the one who controls it by using your mommy's amulet.

杰斯特:噢!!你也看见了对吧!那座拔地而起的巨塔(尼玛真的是拔地而起= =!),那根巨大到让女人战栗发抖的柱子(不愧是小丑,很黄暴力)——实际上是一个通道---连接人间与魔界的通道。当然,你的兄弟,维吉尔,就是那个用你母亲的护身符控制它的人。

Dante: Amulet?

但丁:那个护身符?

Jester: He's headed to the control room in the basement. If you don't hop down there quick like a bunny he'll open the gate to hell. Isn't that a scary thought?

杰斯特:他已经向位于基座的控制室进发了。如果你不赶紧蹦着赶上他的话,他就要打开地狱之门了哦~~~~这样想是不是很可怕?

Dante: And you're telling me this because?

但丁:你为什么告诉我这些?

Jester: Oops, I forgot to mention one teeny wittle item. That gizmo there is actually the KEY to move forward. But the tricky thing is, it sucks the souls of those who hold it. So I think you'd better hurry!

杰斯特:噢,对了,我差点忘了某个小细节~~~~~~这个小玩意儿实际上是继续前行的钥匙。但有意思的是,它是会吸取持有者灵魂的所以我想你还是赶紧上路比较好!

Jester: But, in return for your soul, it'll give you power! Marvelous, isn't it? Just let your young spirit drive you and go for it!

杰斯特:不过,作为回报,他会给予你力量!很神奇不是么!就让你年轻的灵魂燃烧起来,卯足干劲上吧!Dante: Wish you would have told me that in the first place, ya big mouthed moron!

但丁:这种事情应该先说吧?长舌公!

Dante: Talking about Horse Power.

但丁:这就是所谓的“马力”?

Dante: A chicken race with a horse, huh? Fair enough——

但丁:跟马玩小鸡赛跑,哈?有意思——

Dante: First chicken, now Gladiator. This just keeps getting better and better! Too bad there's nobody here to enjoy the show.

但丁:刚才是小鸡,现在是角斗士。越来越有意思了嘛!遗憾的是这里没有观众来欣赏角斗!

Beowulf: I found you, seed of Sparda! I told you that I remember your rancid scent! No matter where you run to, you can never hide from me!

贝尔渥夫:我找到你了,斯巴达的孽种!我说过我记得你的气味!无论你逃到哪里,你都躲不过我!

Beowulf: Y-You are not the one I faced before——But this smell——There are two of them! That excrement Sparda had two sons——!

贝尔渥夫:你——你不是之前我遇到的——但这味道——有两个!该死的斯巴达有两个儿子!——

 

 

mission 13

Vergil: Why isn't this working?! Is there something missing? Must more blood be shed?

维吉尔:为什么没有作用!难道是缺失了什么!需要更多血液被献上?!

Dante: You seem to be in a bad mood.

但丁:你好像心情正不好。

Vergil: Dante.

维吉尔:但丁。

Dante: So my mother's amulet is the key that unlocks the door to the Demon World. Good plan, Pop.

但丁:这么说来母亲的护身符就是打开魔界之门的钥匙。好主意,老爹。

Vergil: Just the opposite actually——Originally it was the key to the Demon World but was given to humans as a gift.

维吉尔:事实正好相反--其本为魔界之钥而后被赠于凡人作为礼物

Dante: It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. More importantly, I've come all this way. I'm sure you have time for one more game, right?

但丁:这于我毫不相关,重要的是我已经到了这里。我想你肯定有工夫与我再来一局,对吧?

Vergil: Why not? After all we share the same blood. I'll just use more of yours to undo daddy's little spell.

维吉尔:乐意之至!不管如何,吾等血脉相承,既然如此我便用你鲜血来打开父上之封印!

 

Dante: So, you want a piece of me, literally. Okay bro. Come and get it, if you can!

但丁:从字面理解,你是想要我的一部分吧。没问题兄弟,过来拿吧!如果你做得到的话。

Dante: Sorry, but this is no place for a little girl. So beat it.

但丁:抱歉这不是一个小丫头能待的地方,一边去。

Lady: Shut up!

蕾蒂:闭嘴!

Lady: You forced him into this!

女士:你强迫他这么做的!

Vergil: Is that what you think? Foolish girl.

维吉尔:事实真如你所想吗?天真的少女。

Jester: Bravo, bravo! I never dreamed that things would go so smoothly. Well done, everyone. Well done!

杰斯特:太棒了,太棒了!我从来没有想到事情进展会如此顺利。做得好,诸位,做的好!

Dante: You!

但丁:是你!

Jester: Don't be a bad girl, Mary! Or you can expect a spanking from daddy later! Jester's gonna spank your butt. Spank you on the butt.

杰斯特:别做坏女孩,玛丽!不然过会儿爸爸要来打屁股哦!杰斯特来打你屁股,来打你屁股!

Vergil: Insane buffoon. I don't know where you came from, but you don't belong here. Now leave!

维吉尔:疯癫的小丑。虽然不知道你从哪来,但你不属于此地,立刻离开!

Jester: Zowie, that was close! But you've taken quite a trouncing today, haven't you, Vergil? You could've chopped me into confetti by now if you were in tip-top condition.

杰斯特:哇哦,好险啊!但是今天的战斗已经使你元气大伤了对吧,维吉尔!你本可以不废吹灰之力将我切碎,如果你现在处于巅峰状态的话。

Vergil: Damn you!

维吉尔:该死的!

Arkham: You have lost——because you underestimated humans.

阿卡:你输了——因为你低估了人类。

Lady: What's going on?!

女士:怎么回事?!

Arkham: Good girl, pure and innocent——just like your mother.

阿卡:好姑娘,纯真无邪,正如你的母亲。

Lady: You bastard!

蕾蒂:你杂种!

Jester: It's time for your spanking, my dear!

杰斯特:是时候打屁股了,亲爱的!

Jester: You want to know why the speel didn't break, hmm, Vergil? You have the two amulets and Sparda's blood. You had everything you needed to unleash the evil!

杰斯特:你想知道封印为什么没有被解除吗维吉尔?你有了配对的护身符,你有了斯巴达的鲜血,你有了你们需要解除封印的一切!

Dante: I told you before, I don't like anybody who has a bigger mouth than mine.

但丁:我和你说过,我不喜欢任何一个比我更能扯的人。

Jester: You are wounded and weak. Even I can do——this to you!

杰斯特:你受伤了,而且很虚弱。即使我,也能够对你----这么干!

Arkham: Two amulets——a set of Sparda's blood. Now I need one more key. He sacrificed two things to suppress the tremendous force of this tower: His own Devil's blood and a mortal priestess. I needed you, in whose body flows the same blood as the sacrificed woman. His spell cannot be undone without your blood!

阿卡:配对的项链,和斯巴达之血,现在我还需要一件钥匙!斯巴达当年封印这座塔的力量用了两样祭品——他自己的恶魔之血,还有一位人类女祭司的。所以我需要你,你的血管中流淌着和女祭司相同的血!没有你的鲜血,斯巴达的封印将不会被解开!

Jester: It was quite a ride you know! If any of you had died before getting here, our little plan would have gone to waste! Therefore, my job was to make you battle each other in order to weaken you. But at the same time, I had to guide you here and make sure that you were kept alive. I even went so far as dressing like a complete idiot! It's time for bed, Mary. You can visit your dear mother.

杰斯特:你们要知道这件事情真的很麻烦!如果你们当中任何一位在到达这里前死去,那么这个计划就会化为泡影!所以我要做的就是让你们互相争斗来削弱对方;但是与此同时,我也必须将你们引领至这里并且确保你们活着!我甚至还不得不穿得跟个傻子一样!该休息了,玛丽,是时候去拜访你亲爱的母亲了!

Lady: Try me.

蕾蒂:那就试试吧!

Vergil: It's time for the clown to bow out, Arkham.

维吉尔:小丑该谢幕了,阿卡

Dante: Dude, the show's over!

但丁:老兄,演出结束了!

Arkham: Impressive. I expected nothing less from the Devil's descendents. But aren't you forgetting something, Vergil? The spell is broken. What do you think will happen next? Let's welcome chaos!

阿卡:漂亮,没有辜负我对恶魔后嗣的期待。不过维吉尔,你没有忘了什么吧?。封印已经解除,你认为接下来会发生什么呢?让我们迎接混沌的到来吧!

Arkham: Just sit and wait! Wait for the birth of a new God! I shall take over the power of Sparda!

阿卡:好好当观众吧!见证一位新上帝的诞生吧!斯巴达的力量,将由我来接管!!

 

mission 14

Dante: Are ya gonna go?

但丁:你要追上去?

Lady: Yes, I'm going to finish him off.

蕾蒂:没错,我要去了结他。

Dante: Well, you might as well forget it. Cuz, you're no match for him.

但丁:是吗,我劝你还是罢手吧,你根本赢不了他。

Lady: Regardless, I must go. I had a chance to stop him before, but I couldn't. I'm responsible for all this mess.

蕾蒂:即便如此,我也必须去。我曾经有机会结果他,但是我没做到。我要对这一切负责。

Dante: Responsible? Does it bother you that much?

但丁:负责?你就这么在意那个吗?

Lady: He's my father. Besides, who else can undo what he's done? A demon like you, wouldn't understand——

蕾蒂:他是我的父亲。而且,谁又能纠正他做的一切呢?像你这样的恶魔是无法理解的。

Dante: Father and family, huh? Well I'll go too. But you'd better hurry if you don't want me to take all the credit.

但丁:父亲和家庭,是么?好吧我也会去,不过你最好速度!否则功劳我就要全包了!

M15:

Arkham: He plucks the threads that make us dance, finger and toe! We surrender in joy to the lowest of the foul and rank: we submerge through darkness, rancid filth. Hour by hour, we move downward, ever closer to Hell, in a slow, steady gait. Now, let the world resonate! Sloth! Gluttony! Greed! Envy! Lust! Wrath! And Pride! A bell of chaos that tolls human desires! After two thousand long years, the once sealed gate to the Demonic World will open! Destruction! Carnage and Despair! Let your instincts drive you! Entrap this world in fear! As its very name Temen-ni-gru strikes terror into the heart of mankind. Then I will become the ultimate ruler of this wasteland engulfed with pandemonium! The demonic power that Sparda once imprisoned——will be mine!

他放开了使我们行动的要挟!从头到尾!我们屈从在最低俗最不堪的淫乐之下!我们在污浊的淤泥与黑暗中潜行!每时每刻,我们都在沉沦;每时每刻,我们都慢慢地接近地狱。现在,让这个世界与我们共鸣!懒惰,暴食,贪婪,嫉妒,色欲,愤怒以及傲慢!激起肉欲的混沌之种已经响起!时隔两千年之久,通向魔界的大门将再度开启!将世界笼罩在恐惧直辖!正如其名,恐惧之塔,将恐惧深深地刺入人类的心中。而我将在这片如同地狱之都的荒芜之地上拾起权杖!斯巴达一度禁锢的恶魔之力将归属于我!

pandemonium为弥尔顿所著《失乐园》中地狱之都的名字,引申义为大混乱,所以我这么翻译。

 

mission 16

Dante: Now, this is what I'm talking about!

但丁:啊,不出我所料。

Dante: What's wrong, you tired? Then stand back. I'll take care of this.

但丁:怎么了,你累了吗?那么退后吧,让我来处理这件事情。

Lady: No,YOU stand back.

蕾蒂:不,你才要退后!

Dante: I told you, you can't do it. Don't you get it? This is not a human's job.

但丁:我说过的,你做不到。难道你还不明白?!这不是人类能够胜任的工作。

Lady: You're the one who doesn't get it. It's not something you can reason with. It has nothing to do with me being a human and you being a demon. I'm driven by the inability to forgive him. My soul is screaming, demanding me to kill him. That's enough motivation to keep me going. Besides, this is my family matter. You should stay out of it.

蕾蒂:不明白的是你!这不是你的逻辑能够理解的东西。这和是人是魔毫无关系。我是被自己曾经原谅他的无能驱使。我的灵魂正在呐喊,命令我去杀了他。这已经足够让我继续前行了。而且,这是我的家庭事物,你应该置身事外。

Dante: Okay Lady, I get the picture now. But I can't just sit back and watch either. I'm pretty pissed at him too, you know. Now, get out of my way or there'll be some consequences.

但丁:好的,女士,现在我明白了。不过我实在无法袖手旁观。你知道我也被他惹恼了。现在,别挡道,不然不要怪我不客气。

Lady: Fair enough. I wasn't planning to let any demon live anyway. Not even one!

蕾蒂:很好!我从未打算让任何一个恶魔存活在这个世界上,一个也不行!

Dante: I'll take care of him.

但丁:我会解决他的。

Lady: Why do you care so much?

蕾蒂:你为什么如此在意?!

Dante: This whole business started with my father sealing the entrance between the two worlds. And now my brother's trying to break that spell and turn everything into demonville. This is my family matter too. Quite frankly at first I didn't give a damn. But because of you, I know what's important now. I know what I need to do.

但丁:所有的起因都源自我父亲封印了两个世界间的通道。现在,我的兄弟正试图打开它并且将一切都变成恶魔的乐园。这也是我的家事。说实话,我一开始也不在乎这些。但是因为你我明白了这很重要。我明白了自己要做的事情。

Lady: Wait!

蕾蒂:等等!

Dante: Trust me, I'll make things right for you. That's what my soul is telling me to do.

但丁:相信我,我会替你了结此事的。我的灵魂这么告诉我的。

Lady: Use this.

蕾蒂:带上这个。

Dante: How much is it gonna cost me?

但丁:这玩意儿有租金么?

Lady: You can give me your name.

蕾蒂:告诉我你的名字就可以了。

Dante: Dante.

但丁:但丁。

Lady: Dante. Please, free my father.

蕾蒂:但丁,拜托,让我的父亲解脱吧

Dante: I will, Lady.

但丁:我会的,蕾蒂。

 

mission 17

Dante: I know why you're here. You're here to ask me some questions. Well too bad. I've already answered them myself. I don't need you anymore. Come on, you poser.

但丁:我知道你会在这是想问我一些问题。不过很不凑巧我已经有一份答案了。我已经不再需要你了!你这个同行者!

Dante: Huh, I thought I lost my shadow for a sec.

但丁:哈,我还以为我把我影子弄丢了。

 

mission 18

Dante: Well then, let's wrap up this crazy party, shall we? Gotta clean up the mess father left behind.

但丁:好了,这场疯狂的聚会该落下帷幕了,不是吗。下面就是收拾父亲留下的烂摊子了。

 

mission 19:

Arkham: Welcome, what do you think after looking at your father's image?

阿卡:欢迎,见到父亲的样子感觉如何?

Dante: It's like staring into a backed-up toilet. Why do you always stick your nose in other families' business? Come on dude. Don't you have any hobbies?

但丁:就像是盯着厕所里的秽物一般。为什么你总要像搅屎棍一样在别人的家事里搅和?拜托老兄,你就没点别的爱好么?

Arkham: You can still talk big after seeing THIS!? I feel the devil's power overflowing my body! The power of Sparda!

阿卡:看到这个之后你还能大放厥词吗!我感到恶魔的力量从我的身体中涌出!斯巴达的力量!

Dante: Dude, my father wasn't so hideous. Can't you tell by looking at me? Anyway, that shape suits you better. Let us begin the main event!

但丁:老兄,我老爸可没那么丑陋,你看看我的样子不就该还发觉了吗?不管怎么说,这幅样子倒是更适合你。重头戏开场了!

Arkham: No use! Regardless of how strong you are, you're nothing but a half-breed. You cannot defeat a pure demon, the real Sparda!

阿卡:没用的!不管你如何强大,你不过是一个混血的杂种。你无法打败一个真正的恶魔,真正的斯巴达!

Arkham: What's this? Damn you!

阿卡:这是什么!是你!

Vergil: I've come to retrieve my power. You can't handle it.

维吉尔:我来取回我的力量。尔等无法驾驭。

Dante: Look at you——making a big dramatic entrance and stealing my spotlight.

但丁:你看你,整个大排场的登场把我的灯光全抢走了。

Vergil: Well——you don't possibly believe that he deserves to be our main event now do you?

维吉尔:此言当真?你难道认为他是万众瞩目之中心么?

 Dante: Now that you mentioned it, you're right.

但丁:被你这么一说,还真是那么回事。

Arkham: Do you feel you can defeat me? Defeat the power of your father, the great Sparda!

阿卡:你们难道妄图打败我?打败你们父亲,伟大的斯巴达的力量吗?!

Vergil: You should come to realize you cannot control the power of Sparda.

维吉尔:你想必已发觉你无法驾驭斯巴达之力量。

Dante: You're wasting your time, buddy.

但丁:不要对牛弹琴,兄弟。

Dante: I think he needs to learn the hard way!

但丁:我觉得还是让他切身领教一下。

Vergil: I'll try it your way for once.

维吉尔:我就试试你的方式吧。

Dante: Remember what we used to say?

但丁:还记得以前我们说的话么?

Arkham: Don't do it!

阿卡:不要,别——

Dante & Vergil: JACKPOT!

但丁&维吉尔:将军!

Arkham: I have the true power of Sparda……!

雅克罕姆:我已经拥有了真正斯巴达的力量啊……!

Vergil: Not very classy for someone's dying words.

维吉尔:此等遗言真是烂俗之极

 

mission 20

Arkham: Why? How could I……?! I shall become a god! No one here can stop me!

阿卡:为什么,我怎么会……?我是要成为神的!没有人能够阻止我!

Lady: What a surprise. Here I was looking for you and, long and behold, you come to me.

蕾蒂:真是意外啊。我正千辛万苦地找你,你却送上门来了。

Arkham: Mary……

阿卡:玛丽……

Lady: Don't ever call me that again. My mother was the only one who could say my name.

蕾蒂:再也不要用这个名字称呼我。只有我的母亲能这么叫我。

Arkham: Wait, please! Do you really want to shoot me? Can you shoot me, your own father?! What have I done wrong?! Even the heroic Sparda sacrificed a woman so that he could become a legend! I wished to be a god! And I sacrificed one miserable human being for that reason. That is all! Was that really so awful? I have some unfinished business to take care of. Help me, Mary.

阿卡:等等,求求你!你真的想要杀死我吗?你能下得了手吗?对你自己的父亲。我到底做错了什么!?即使是英雄般的斯巴达,也牺牲了一个女人才成为传说!我想成为神!然后我为这个目标牺牲了一个微不足道的人类。就是这样!难道就真是罪大恶极吗?!我还有未竟的事业,帮帮我,玛丽!

Lady: Mary died a long time ago, my name is Lady. Goodbye father.

蕾蒂:玛丽很早以前就死了,我的名字是雷蒂。永别了,父亲。

Arkham: No!

阿卡:不!

Lady: Here I thought I wasn't gonna cry.

蕾蒂:我还以为我不会哭的。

Vergil: Give that to me.

维吉尔:把信物给我。

Dante: No way, you got your own.

但丁:没门,你有你自己那份

Vergil: Well I want yours too.

维吉尔:你的我也要。

Dante: What are you gonna do with all that power, huh? No matter how hard you try, yo're never gonna be like father.

但丁:你想要那些力量做什么,哈!不管你如何努力,你都不会像父亲一样。

Vergil: You're wasting time!

维吉尔:你在浪费时间!

Dante: We are the sons of Sparda! Within each of us flows his blood, but more importantly, his soul! And now my soul is saying it wants to stop you!

但丁:我们是斯巴达之子,我们的体内都流淌着他的血。但更重要的是,他的灵魂!而现在我的灵魂告诉我它要阻止你!

Vergil: Unfortunately, our souls are at odds brother. I need more power!

维吉尔:不幸的是我们的灵魂分道扬镳,兄弟。我需要更多的力量!

Dante: And we're supposed to be twins.

但丁:我们真是宿命的双胞胎。

Vergil: Twins……right.

维吉尔:双胞胎……没错。

Vergil: Am I……being defeated?

维吉尔:我...败了??

Dante: What's wrong? Is that all you got? Come on get up, you can do better than that.

但丁:怎么了,这就是你全部的实力了?站起来,你没有这么弱!

Vergil: The portal to the Human World is closing, Dante……because the amulets have been separated.

维吉尔:通往人间之门正在关闭,但丁,因为护身符被分开了。

Dante: Let's finish this Vergil. I have to stop you, even if that means killing you.

但丁:做个了断吧,维吉尔。我必须要阻止你,即便那意味著杀死你。

Vergil: No one can have this, Dante. It's mine, it belongs to a son of Sparda!

维吉尔:无人能够拥有它,但丁,这属于我,属于一位斯巴达之子!

Vergil: Leave me and go, if you don't want to be trapped in the Demon World. I'm staying, this place was our father's home.

维吉尔:离我而去吧!如果你不想被困在魔界。我将留下,这里是我们父亲的故乡。

Dante: What an ordeal. You're still here?

但丁:真是场恶战,你还没走?

Lady: I need that back.

蕾蒂:我得要回那个。

Dante: No late charges I hope.

但丁:没有延期费用吧?。

Lady: I'll think about it.

蕾蒂:我会考虑考虑的。

Dante: We should be fine for now. But I'm sure they'll be back soon. Very soon.

但丁:暂时是没有问题了,但是我想很快会回来的,非常快。

Lady: Are you crying?

蕾蒂:你在哭吗?

Dante: It's only the rain.

但丁:只是雨水而已。

Lady: The rain already stopped.

蕾蒂:雨早就停了啊。

Dante: Devils never cry.

但丁:恶魔从不哭泣。

Lady: I see. Maybe somewhere out there even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one. Don't you think?

蕾蒂:我看见了(你在哭泣)(双关啊雾草)也许在某个地方,一位恶魔会为失其所爱而哭泣,不是吗?

Dante: Maybe.

但丁:也许吧。

Lady: By the way. Looks like we're gonna be busy for a while.

蕾蒂:不过话说回来了,看起来我们有一段时间好忙了。

Dante: Well bring it on! I love this! This is what I live for! I'm absolutely crazy about it!!

但丁:那就开始吧,我喜欢这样!我可是专门干这行的!彻底为此而痴狂!

ENDING

Lady: What happened next? Nothing really. We took care of all the remaining devils and that was it. I still have a job to do that's far from done, which is to eliminate every last demon. I need to ensure that monsters like my father never come about again. And he promised to help me hunt down the demons, even though he's part one himself! But now I realize that there are humans as evil as any devil as well as kind and compassionate demons in this universe. At least I've found one so-called devil who is able to shed tears for those he cares about. That's enough for me to believe in him.

尾声CG

蕾蒂:后来如何了?实际上没什么。我们消灭了当时在场的所有恶魔,就是这样。当然我还有一件远未完成的工作那就是消灭每一只剩下的恶魔。我需要确定像我父亲那样的怪物不会再次出现。并且他也答应帮我猎杀恶魔,尽管他自己也是半只。不过我现在意识到在这个世界中,有心如魔鬼般的人类,也有充满人性的恶魔。至少我所认识的一位所谓的恶魔能够为他在乎的人洒下眼泪。这已经足够使我信任他了。

Dante: Now I can start my business.

但丁:现在我可以开始营业了。

Lady: Oh, speaking of a kind devil, he finally decided on a name for his shop. It took him quite a while to pick one. Wanna know the name?

蕾蒂:对了,说到这个善良的恶魔,他终于给他的事务所想出了一个名字。为了这个名字他可是费了不少脑子。想知道名字吗?

Dante & Lady: Devil May Cry.

但丁&蕾蒂:Devil May Cry

SPECIAL

Vergil: It'll be fun to fight with the prince of Darkness. If my father did it, I should be able to do it too!

维吉尔:与黑暗之王一战想必大有乐趣。如果父亲可以做到,那么我也能做到

Free Web Hosting